- Fun with Fractions—from elementary arithmetic to the Putnam Competition—the first 1/2.
- Reflections on the 2018 Joint Mathematics Meetings in San Diego California.
- Proofs are not only often beautiful but also necessary
- Math is fun–an efficient formula versus an expansive thought process
- For the most awesome middle school and high school teachers
- Let’s Integrate Calculus
- A Parity Theorem For Drawings of Complete Graphs
- Run For Third!
- Useful generalizations, Part II
- Useful Generalizations, part I
- It’s a Mean Value Theorem
- A cardinal rule of base-running is hilariously incorrect
- On the value of believing that you know the answer
- On the unreasonable efficiency of mathematical writing, part II
- On the unreasonable efficiency of mathematical writing
- On Teaching Loving Mathematics
- On the Value of Making up Your Own Question
- Squaring the Superhero
- On Trigonometric Nostalgia
- A Perfect Square Discovers Pi
Author Archives: daniel-mcquillan
Dan McQuillan, Charles A. Dana Professor of Mathematics, Department of Mathematics, Norwich University, Northfield, VT 05663, 802 485-2323, dmcquill [at] norwich.edu. There is a menu just under the picture of Norwich University (The options are: Home, Research, Publications, About, Selected … Continue reading