Research Interests

My research interests include  the molecular phylogeny of Primates, the evolution of noncoding DNA, systematics and taxonomy, especially of Primates and mammals to a lesser extent. 

Links to some of my publications:

Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2001 Jan;18(1):14-25.Catarrhine phylogeny: noncoding DNA evidence for a diphyletic origin of the mangabeys and for a human-chimpanzee clade.
Page SL, Goodman M.

Mol Phylogenet Evol. 1999 Nov;13(2):348-59.Molecular phylogeny of Old World monkeys (Cercopithecidae) as inferred from gamma-globin DNA sequences.
Page SL, Chiu Ch, Goodman M.

Mol Phylogenet Evol. 1998 Jun;9(3):585-98.Toward a phylogenetic classification of Primates based on DNA evidence complemented by fossil evidence.
Goodman M, Porter CA, Czelusniak J, Page SL, Schneider H, Shoshani J, Gunnell G, Groves CP.

Mol Phylogenet Evol. 1999 Nov;13(2):392-404.The place of Callimico goeldii in the Callitrichine phylogenetic tree: evidence from von Willebrand factor gene intron II sequences.
Chaves R, Sampaio I, Schneider MP, Schneider H, Page SL, Goodman M.

Chapter 6 in

By Patricia C. Wright, Elwyn L. Simons, Sharon Gursky

One of my papers is cited in the section on Cercopithecidae phylogeny on the Tree of Life web project.

I am also professionally interested in evo-devo, the theory of evolution, and the so-called creation-evolution controversey.